Thursday, October 13, 2016

LISTEN: Sheriff Arpaio Robocall, Unedited: Criminal Contempt Charges Are Payback, "Dangerous"

(How can he be ironic? Let us count the ways.)

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio may have trouble reading a script, but he is certain that the criminal contempt charges against him are political payback because of his efforts to curb illegal immigration. The Sheriff has recorded a robocall (below) that is coming soon to a phone near you.

With pauses, in all of, the wrong, places, the octogenarian seeking election to a 7th 4-year term makes it clear that he does not understand the legal process that has led to him facing criminal contempt of court proceedings for undermining U.S. District Court Judge G. Murray Snow's orders in the long-running racial profiling proceedings.

Here is the text of the painful-to-listen-to robocall:

Hi, this is Sheriff Joe Arpaio calling with a very important message. I'm sure by now, you have heard about the Obama Department of Justice filing charges against me. Let me tell you what this is all about, because I led the fight against illegal immigration, doing the job the federal government refuses to do. They filed criminal charges against me for contempt of court the same day early voting started. Thinks about that: your federal government is now filing criminal charges against their political opponents but will not file contempt of Congress charges against former Attorney General Eric Holder or criminal charges against Hillary Clinton. This is not only wrong, it is dangerous. I'm going to fight this because I've never backed down from a fight and I never will. I hope you will join me. I'm Sheriff Joe Arpaio and I ask for your vote. (Paid for by Elect Sheriff Joe Arpaio, 602-592-7629.)


As for counting the ironies in this robocall, released the same day that his favored Presidential nominee made an epic deflection speech, Arizona's Politics will leave that to the listener/reader.

We welcome your comments about this post. Or, if you have something unrelated on your mind, please e-mail to info-at-arizonaspolitics-dot-com or call 602-799-7025. Thanks.

1 comment:

Phoenix Justice said...

Is it true that Penzone is up 10 points in the latest polling? Is it really possible that Sheriff Arpaio will lose the election and won't have the protection of office?